Commercial Railings in Rochester, MN
As the number one fence contractor in Rochester, we have more than a few special adornments for railings. Our selection includes rosettes, medallions, globes, scrolls, and scepters – chose from multiple styles to make your railing stand out from the others.
Custom Made Railings
Many of our railings are made through custom metal fabrication services. You can depend on us to construct a railing that will be unique, one of a kind, and match your vision.
Our ornate hand railings are the perfect complement to your property.
Commercial Railings in Rochester – Gallery
COMMERCIAL RAILINGS IN ROCHESTER, MN OVERVIEW
Here at the American Fence Company of Minnesota, we recognize that there is more to creating the perfect fence than just picking a material and hiring someone. It’s about finding the right fence materials, the right railings, and hiring the best fence contractor in Rochester, Minnesota. That perfect combination of ingredients and skill will produce railings you will be proud to show on your commercial property. That is why we offer such a wide variety of railings and railing adornments: scrolls, spears, globes, rosettes, medallions, you name it. If you can dream it, we can build it!
COMMERCIAL RAILINGS IN ROCHESTER, MN FAQ
When do I need to install a commercial railing in Rochester?
Whether or not you are required to install a commercial railing on your Rochester property will depend on your local codes and authority. Generally speaking, whenever you have a deck, stairs, patio, or general surface with a thirty inch or more drop off, you are required by law to have a guard railing.
What are the size requirements for railings in Rochester, MN?
As mentioned above, we recommend that you check your local codes and authority.
- Most codes require heights of 36” for residential. 42” are generally required for commercial or dwellings that house multiple families.
- You are limited to a maximum opening of 4″ anywhere throughout the railing system. In other words, the railing should be a diameter where you cannot pass a 4” wide ball through.
- Codes exist that govern load barring capacity and fail points of railings. Generally speaking, a railing in Rochester must not deflect more than an inch when two hundred pounds of force is applied vertically and horizontally but not consecutively. This is a major issue when using vinyl and cable rail materials.
Because of the numerous codes and potential danger associated with commercial railings in Rochester, we recommend that you select a fabricator with a long history of building railings. In light of the fact that railings are installed to prevent a fall, these products must work one hundred percent of the time. For all of these reasons, there is no better fence contractor in Rochester than us. We have been in the business for more than fifty years and know the Rochester fencing industry inside and out.
What are the stair railing requirements in Rochester, MN?
In addition to having a grab rail for guiding you up and down, stair railings in Rochester must comply with standard guard railing requirements.
- The grab rail must be specific in size, profile and location. Typically, grab rails are approximately 34” above the nose of the stair tread.
- A grab rail should be no larger than two inches in diameter or similar shape. It should be installed with few obstructions, allowing users to safely run their hands up and down the railing.
- Stairs 36” or less in width require one grab rail. Wider stairs will require more than one.
- Commercial railings often require a one foot horizontal run of railing at the top and bottom of the stairs to allow the user to grab the railing before stepping up or off.
- Handicap railings will require a one foot horizontal and vertical return at each end with a second lower railing allowing people in wheel chairs to reach the railing.
Can this fence company in Rochester custom build my railing?
Yes. As the premier fence contractor in Rochester Minnesota, we have put together literally thousands of different railing designs with the following process.
- We have catalogs and website photos full of railings designs for you to review in designing your railing. We also recommend that you search the web as railing fabricators and home builders are promoting more and more of their products on-line. A popular railing accessory provider, King Architectural Metals, has an excellent website with several design assistance tools and views.
- With three veteran computer aided design (CAD) programmers, we will provide you with a CAD drawing of your dream railing. Always demand a CAD view of your railing before allowing any fabricator to build your unique design. If your first glimpse of your new railing is only once it is built; you may be very disappointed. CAD views will provide details that include material selection, all necessary dimensions and even a three dimensional view.
- Once you have selected a design, we will personally field review your application. All custom railings must be field verified by a professional fabricator. Never purchase a railing locally or online without having the fabricator review your installation site. It is easy to overlook little site details such as base trim, carpet to tile, set-backs and reveals, etc. that only a professional fabricator will be keen to notice.
- With five certified welders, we will build your product to the highest standards. All custom metals products should be fabricated in accordance with AWS D1.1. AWS is the acronym for the American Welding Society. This group is the governing agency that sets the standards for steel fabrications. D1.1 is the written standard for welding steel materials. D1.2 is the standard for welding aluminum materials. Request that your fabricator build your railing to these standards.
- With hundreds of color samples and paint applications, we will work with you to select your colors. There are as many types of paint applications as there are colors. The most popular and widely used are the following:
- HVLP. High volume low pressure paint process is the most popular application. This process has the benefit of getting paint into tight corners and angles. It is a wet paint application that should include a two coat application of a quality primer and top coat.
- Electro-Static. A wet paint application that charges the paint particles and applies an opposite charge to the railing. When the paint is applied it is immediately attracted to the metal surface, providing a very consistent coating with no overspray. This process should be applied in conjunction with the HVLP system as electro-static paint is difficult to get into tight corners and angles.
- Powder Coating. This coating provides a plastic like candy apple coating to metal products. It is powder that is applied to the fence and then melted in an oven, creating a baked-on tough coating.
- Galvanizing. Leaving your fence with a shiny silver coating, galvanizing seals the fence from rust and corrosion with a zinc rich finish. Though this is a great application to prevent rust; unfortunately, most paint applications do not adhere to the shiny galvanized finish unless first brush blasted.
With over 50 years of experience, you can count on us to install your product on time and to your satisfaction.
A railing can be and often is the focal point of your property. We understand this fact. In turn, we believe every railing should be treated like a work of art.